Disney-comics digest #783.

David A Gerstein David.A.Gerstein at williams.edu
Wed Sep 13 04:59:37 CEST 1995

	FRANK:
> What? Do you mean that, say, issue no 126 [of the German LUSTIGE
> TASCHENBUECHER pocketbook] from 1983 is still reprinted today so that
> people can find it in the newsagents?
	Yup, that's right.  Issues go in and out of print, though...
it's basically like they spend a year on the stands, and then a year
off, or something like that.  And the first 30 issues are rarely
reprinted, to keep them sought-after I assume (although ONE time that
I was in Germany, the whole lot was in reprint with a special
grocery-store stand to grab attention).
	Last time I was in Germany, a whole lot from around issue
40-60 seemed to be the most recent reprints;  then those from around
#100 were in reprint, and those from #150 on were fairly easy to find
(with one exception:  Janet Gilbert's DD birthday-story issue).

	NEWS FROM GLADSTONE:
	My original Scrooge/Magica Egmont story, "Two in One," will
probably be in US #298 now, rather than #297.  On the other hand, DDA
#37 will have my _Animal Farm_ satire "Pork-Barrel Politics" in it, so
things are still looking good.  Thus, my second original story will be
the first one published in the United States.
	US #297 _will_ have one of my TRANSLATIONS in it, a Magica
story entitled "No Dime for Stardom" in which a Hollywood producer
decides to film a LO$ movie, and Magica horns in.  (The life of
Scrooge, as shown there, is very different from Don's version, but
don't throttle me -- I translated this in 1992, before I knew about
the LO$ project.)
	And WDC&S 602 will have a 10-page Fred Milton story I
translated and dialogued way back in _1990_.  It's called "The Clock
Watcher" and is the only Milton story I've ever seen which used the
Beagle Boys.  (HARRY:  Are there more?)
	And what else?
	DDA #36 will have John Lustig's "Piece in Pieces" and a Barks
ten-page story, "Ice Taxis."
	DDA #37 will have (in front of my story) Pat and Shelly Block's
"Three Little Cupids," in which HDL's attempt to rekindle romance
between Donald and Daisy turns sour and gets the ducks involved with
spies and espionage.
	DDA #38 will have some foreign stories from Gladstone's
backlog, which Dwight and I may have had something to do with, but I'm
not sure which ones will be used.

	That's the news at the top of the hour, gang.

	David Gerstein
	<96dag at williams.edu>