USA#35, WDG#2 and DD&MM#2.

Arthur de Wolf wolfman at pi.net
Sat Sep 16 22:26:54 CEST 1995

Hi!

Today I got Uncle Scrooge Adventures #35, Walt Disney Giant #2 and
Donald Duck and Mickey Mouse #2.

Only reprints of stories I already had! :-(

UNCLE SCROOGE ADVENTURES 35:
In USA#35 I found a reprint of the Dutch H87068 "The Temple Treasure
of Khaos" (in Dutch: "De tempelschatten van Gaos"). It had appaired
in the Dutch Donald Duck weekly #32 of 1989. I think it's quite a nice
story. The artwork of Dutch artists never really impressed me, except
that of Daan Jippes. When I was reading the first couple of pages of
"The Temple Treasure of Khaos", I thought the art looked bad.
I was amazed to see, that the story was inked by Daan Jippes. I guess
it's the way Ben Verhagen penciled it. But, when I was reading further,
I noticed that it wasn't all that bad. The script is very good. And
Dwight Decker translated it exactly the way it appaired in the Dutch
Donald Duck weekly!

WALT DISNEY GIANT 2:
WDG#1 with Don's story was superb. But WDG#2 contained another reprint
of Carl Barks' "The mines of King Solomon". I've always liked that
story a lot! But what about "The cold-blooded penguin" story with Pablo?
Why did they print that story? *17* pages about Pablo the Penguin, with a
bedtime story for children. I'm not talking about a comicstrip-story,
but about a real story with text and one picture a page. You have to
see it, it's really weird.

DONALD DUCK AND MICKEY MOUSE 2:
Guess what! Another reprint. This time, it's a reprint of Barks'
"Special Delivery" (WDC203). And, part 2 (of 3) of "Mickey Aladdin". :-(

-- Arthur.