Gus Goose, Verhagen and pigmys

Jørgen Andreas Bangor jorgenb at ifi.uio.no
Mon Sep 18 16:10:59 CEST 1995

Mike (about a short Grandma Duck story, D92550):

| Did you notice that there was a portrait of Gus's father on his wall?

I must admit that I didn't. Seems that Don isn't the only one who can
put in details to be discovered later :-)

Mike again (about H8580):

| 	I thought the ending was a bit flat. There could've been another way
| of making the chest not found. And the art... It was _awful_! Just look at
| HDL for instance.

Agree about the ending, but the idea of the story, about Donald acting
in two times simultaneously, was very good, IMHO.
I like Verhagen's art. I agree that the nephews heads are a bit strange,
but he always draws them that way, so I've get used to this Verhagen style.

Harry:

| "What a nice little fellers!"
| "Watch it, guys! You can't touch a Pigmy! They get angry when you do that!"
| (very insulting quote from a Strobl story, translated from the Chile version)

I think that as well could have been translated from the Norwegian version.
The pigmys are drawn like cute, angry children -- with spears.

Someone did test if I had set up some automatic replier, BTW...
Looking at the orthography, I don't think it surprises me to find
"prodigy" in the From header.

   Jorgen