Disney-comics digest #793.

Don Rosa donrosa at iglou.com
Sat Sep 23 06:49:00 CEST 1995

GIANFRANCO:
        Huh? What? An illustrated article about me in a major Italian
newspaper? I wish I knew about these things! I received three different
calls from Italy today from people wanting interviews or wanting to take me
to dinner or show me around during my visit there next month, and now I see
that this article may have started that... I assume the article mentioned my
visit to the Lucca festival? But they had the gag illustration I did for the
CARL BARKS & CO. magazine about 5 years ago? That's okay, I guess... it
wasn't done for a "general audience", and they really shouldn't use it, nor
should they be allowed to. But it's a good thing they don't use some of the
really "kinky" illustrations done by other professional Duck artists in that
same issue -- those were definitely not for a family audience! But then...
I'm used to American type standards. An Italian readership would take that
sexually-oriented stuff more in stride, probably.
        Anyway, it was a nice article? That's good. Was it too long to send
me a translation of, so I can see what my "advance publicity" might be saying?