Disney-comics digest #795.

David A Gerstein David.A.Gerstein at williams.edu
Mon Sep 25 02:24:48 CET 1995

	DAVE RAWSON:
	Thanks for listing your Egmont stories (although I think you
didn't print the list because of MY request... which you hadn't seen
yet!)  I was glad to see that list.
	But maybe you can go back and look up the D-codes on the
stories which didn't have them on your list, because Harry will need
those before he can enter the stories in the Database.
	You noted that your M+D story "On the Ball" was censored.
Where?  Are you simply referring to how only a very few Egmont
countries (or maybe even only ONE) printed it?
	I don't think that anyone on this list knew that Egmont had
commissioned a story with Mickey and Donald together, but then either
Disney-Europe, or Egmont themselves, chickened out and only allowed it
to see print in a very small market.
	Actually, Dave, since Egmont HAS printed it, that means it's
available for Gladstone to use in D+M!  I wouldn't mind seeing the
story myself, either...
	One last comment:  Didn't you show me a story you'd entitled
"Wings"?  A DD 10- or 12-pager, I believe.  I'm wondering why it isn't
on the list you sent to the Digest.

	ALL:
	Gladstone tells me that the Carl Barks Library, in its
hardback form, is *NOT* going to be reprinted at any known time in the
future.  John Clark was confused when I began talking to him as if
we both knew this reprint was going to happen... so that explains why
letter-writers to Gladstone on the topic have gotten confused

	DON:
	When the LO$ is collected in album form, I'd like to see
Gladstone use the cover you drew for the Germans illustrating LO$ part
6 (the cover they never printed).  I only have this cover in a German
advertisement, but it is one of my favorites.  What prompted you to
give this single episode a completely different treatment in Germany
than it got in America, anyway?  (Just wondering!)
	It would be a crying shame to see your Egmont "Croesus" cover
never used in the U. S.  Last time I talked to him, John mentioned
that WDC&S 603 would illustrate "Blaggard Castle" on the cover, so is
he planning to use your cover on #602?
	(For those who don't know, #601 will have a 1980s Barks cover
based on his painting "Sailing the Spanish Main."  A magnificent
drawing originally done as part of an advertising promotion, later
reprinted with very POOR added colors in the CBL hardbound set.  It's
going to look GREAT now.)

	David Gerstein
	<96dag at williams.edu>
	"Have a chestnut, boys! ... OW!"