Disney-comics digest #797.

Don Rosa donrosa at iglou.com
Wed Sep 27 13:12:00 CET 1995

KNUT:
        So what would I see in this "Worldchat"? Something about avatars?

DAVID:
        Now don't tell Egmont that I said they are now accepting 28 pages
stories. All I said was that they are letting me do one or two per year.
Probably just one. Anytime they have a 28 page story, they must put it in a
special supplementary issue and it can only be used in a few countries like
Norway and Denmark. Sweden and Finland and other countries will never see
this 28-page "Avatar" story of mine. So, I don't think they can use more
than one new long story per year. Naturally, MOST of those special issues
are used to reprint old Barks epics, as well they should be.
        I don't know when they plan to use my "Eye for Detail". I never seem
to ask about stuff like that. I figure it'll be used when it's used.
Besides, that one didn't thrill me, though it's probably not as bad as I
thought at the time (I hope!).

LUTZ:
        Yes... just yesterday I received that TEMPO in the mail. If anyone
else here has an interest in seeing that $crooge gag I did for TEMPO,
perhaps you could get them copies? Or make a copy of that page (at your own
risk!). It will only appear in that magazine since it employs the TEMPO
coliphon and would not make sense anywhere else. And yes, they have a
special cartoon by some artist in each issue, and the TEMPO symbol must be
part of the art or the gag. I guess that's the point of it.