Oh no...

Anders Christian Sivebaek acsive at mail.mira.dk
Thu Dec 2 13:56:37 CET 1999

Don Rosa wrote

> I was *voluntarilly* contacted by
> the translators and editors in Finland (of course, from the start),
but
> later also by their worthy counterparts in Sweden (ML member Stefan
Dios!),
> Norway (ML member Nils Lid Hjort!), and Germany... and I worked with
all
> these nice folks to help them do a good job and follow all the
story's
> intentions and plans.
You weren't contacted by the danes then? Well, as a dane (and the one
who reported
to you about the quotes, I can only see one part to blame here. the
danish Serieforlaget,
which is a part of egmont, but they translate from english to danish...
they made the mistake, cause I bet Don wrote many places that it was
supposed to be special-fonted (italian style at least, or kalevalean
style to be the best...) The danes blew it there...

> But what I'm told is that the Danish editions have made no effort to
write
> the Kalevalian rune-o-meter or research the proper wordings,
I'm not sure about this, I don't know what the rune-o-meter is. but of
course it will always be translatings. I really do hope that they used
the newest authorized and unabriged
translation for it, it doesn't seem that they did. and then it might
not be their fault if the lines doesn't rhyme.

> and the
> dialogue was not even printed in a special font, as simple as
computers now
> make that.
They could have done it as smart as in the finnish book (thanks, Janne)
where they used a special starting letter in every bouble. then one
would have noticed..

It's sad if Serieforlaget ruined something here... they are also the
ones with those fact-pages...
so fellow scandinavians, could you please tell me what you versions
looked like? the norwegian, how is it? and how about you fact-pages in
general, do they put in references as to where you can find the stories
they mention in the Duckburg Times and so?
I remember the great timemashine, which had references...