Quest for Kalevala

Georgios Balanikas gbalanik at med.auth.gr
Thu Dec 2 17:22:10 CET 1999

I have seen the "KALEVALA" story (thanks to my Finnish pal J.) and in my
opinion  the artwork is superb. It reveals laborious and a long time
spending work , a mature classic Rosa story .
   I don't think that it is a matter of dispute if this is the best Rosa's
story ever written or inferior to some of the previous. The fact is that
it's art is superb. I cannot judge the plot or the overall outcome, because
I do not understand Finnish. But,I ,for sure, can have my very positive view
about the artwork. I hope very soon to have it in it's English version or
maybe Greek  (and sure it will look great in the KOMIX pages).
DON
We hope to see you sometime in the future here in Greece, I cannot promise
you to elect you as a President ,but you are welcomed with the traditional
Greek hospitality.
THANK you for this wonderful story.

Georgios Balanikas