all

Anders Christian Sivebaek acsive at mail.mira.dk
Sat Dec 4 00:54:58 CET 1999

> Emne: DCML digest, Vol 1 #8 - 25 msgs
This is huge!

Frank
> But again: even more interesting for me would be Japanese reprints of

> classical (say: Barks) stories that I already have; any news on that?
> Basically I'm looking for a Japanese version of something I am
already very
> familiar with, so that I can attempt to decipher the Japanese script
helped
> by the knowledge of what it "should" say.
The japanese manga style-duck-comics reprint many barks-stories,
especially is issue seven
they reprint Ferioli stories too (that's what I have seen in
manga-style, also there was a petrucha, in normal style) The stories
are D-N coded, so you'll only have your own knowledge with stories to
help you find equivalents. I saw another one somewhere that reprinted
barks's Cornelius Coot story, with the maharaja. the maharaja looked
very different from what we are used to!

HARRY
> Yeah.. I'm very curious about that!
> The Dutch weekly probably isn't in it, since Soeren can't read Dutch.
8-)
It's not that hard though, you know... if I can, anyone should be able
to do it! ;-)

> - if it were written in Danish or English...
 Now lets be reasonable about danish... few paople apart from danes
themselves are able to speak, read or write danish... Italian maybe
would be better.

> --Harry.
> (Owner of a KOMIX issue)
a, as in one? :-) Lets count our welth in komix-issues shall we? As
Scrooge once did with fish!!
I have 29 issues (should be mentioned that I was in greece in october,
and I only had 6 before that... no, the plane didn't crash because of
overweight of komix:-)

another mail
> Maybe Egmont in Copenhagen can send copies on request?
If they have any in stock that is... it's hard to get a copy... i got
mine from Rob klein, who got it from David, who got it from...

SOEREN
> I happened to get the two issues by a coincidence,
Now, if you weren't my friend and I hadn't met you some times, I
wouldn't like to be called a coincidence:-) Ahem...

> and apart from the articles which I can't read,
I can send you translation of at least one of the letters in the mag.
Oops, i broke the danish law there...

> I don't know, Archontis, but since you do, why go on with this
> discussion?!
I can see your point there, Soeren, but... I guess some wont to defend.

> > What criteria would you use? If original stories is your only and
primary
> > criterion,[...]

> I am happy to see you put the "If" there. Of course I wouldn't
prefere
> magazines with only new material. In fact I would like to see more
old
> Italian pocket material here in Denmark, just not "old" in the sense
of
> "having seen and read much too often", because that is *boring*!
see your point again, I'd like that too. But the greeks didn't see them
in a respectable form before.
BTW some of the persons, that want Komix-issues are people like me who
likes to have something from every country that publishes
disney-comics. others (I know at least one of the kind, and respects
him very much for that effort) want to have everything, in every
possible language by a certain writer. I helped with that on the danish
area.

> Both Topolino and the Egmont's
> are probably still some of the best weeklies in the world.
Talking about stories, you're so right, but my impression is that the
editorials in topolino are for younger people. the editorials in
egmont's countries are good, but not always well-referenced.

SVEN
> I don't know if the editors of KOMIX are members of this list
I quote: our connection is too slow, so we can't.
They said that, but if they get newer computers I'm sure our greek
friends will enlighten them about this list:-)

> but if they
> are I recommend them to set up a website which gives some info about
KOMIX.
Have a look at dcomics.org Arthur's page, that has info on Komix, it's
sadly not updated, and Arthur has told me why. BTW I do think i saw a
greek page about Komix once, but I can't recall the adress. Kriton has
some scans...

> It doesn't have to be hi-tech but just some basic information. Like
how to
> subscribe and what the costs are... Number of pages, size...
That's what's on dcomics.org, about the mags that were in 1997 or so.

> My opinion is that more comics retailers should do that...
agreeed, fully agreed!

> 1) PM
Is that the Italian PM or the french?

> In English a rune-o-meter would go like:
Geir, be proud! This was good:-)

> Kalevala! What a story! Hey, Don Rosa, please continue!
> We adore you and your stories, cannot have enough of comics,
> cannot live without the Duck tales, cannot wait until next issue,
> cannot sleep unless you draw more, will accept your drawings only.

Øyvind
> I sadly have to say that the Norwegian translators hasn't used the
> rune-o-meter either.
That might again be because of their translation. the font is special,
I hope?

Francois Willot
> Picsou #335 has been available since wednesday. It features :
This sounds great Francois! Thanks for providing us with information
about this
better reprints-magazine:-)

> - cover drawing (re-inked Barks "Donald as Santa on a train" drawing)
> - illustration by Don Rosa (illustrate several famous Barks christmas
> stories)
Which number is this?

> - presentation of the Disney cartoon "Il etait une fois Noel"
> (this is a cartoon that was sheduled on TV in the US, introducing a
fat
> Duck lady. Picsou says she is Hewey, Dewey and Louie's aunt, and that
> she could be a parent of Gus Goose).
That's the one we talked about... she's not their aunt! Disney just
took her from some s-coded story, where she's a friend of Scrooge...
Parent of Gus Goose? the father maybe? ;-) Not in my world she isn't...

> - Barks' "You can't Guess"
Hmm... the reprint of the year, huh? It's here too, in next week, with
a very nice cover.
starnge, anyway, cause someone asked about it 7 years ago in the
weeklies now-closed letter-column... what did Donald do with all those
cars. Scrooge saw them and took them, Donald said, as he was editor of
the column...

> - Barks' DD ten-pager from WDC 148 (Donald and Scrooge at restaurant)
Petrolio de Vaselino... his name in the danish version.

> - Barks' DD ten-pager from WDC 172 (Christmas in a submarine)
> - Barks' DD ten-pager from WDC 184 (remake of Three Dirty little
Ducks)
> - Barks' DD ten-pager from WDC 196 (the snow statue contest)
> - Barks' DD ten-pager from WDC 208
> - Barks' DD ten-pager from WDC 220 (roasted turkey)
> - '39 Taliaferro daily gags
Sounds good to me

> Unfortunately, Picsou no more publish any rare Italian stories from
the
> golden age of "Almanacco Topolino", in their original format (Picsou
> nowadays is more "American" than "Italian"). Most of Barks'
ten-pagers
> were only published long ago in the "Journal de Mickey", so these are
> "new" for many French readers.
That's both sad and good the last thing. a printing of sitting high and
the village smith would be new here too... weeklies from 1961 isn't a
year you see very often as a kid... unless you were my kid, and I don't
have any...

> (I gave up trying rhyming after "Belgium" 8-)
Nice one:-) Belgium... just heard about them in the TV tonight.

DON
> FOURTH PRINTING. That's *50,000* copies sold since only
> the second week of November, a little over 3 weeks.
That would be a gold record for you or something if it was a record...
how about a gold edition of it...

I understand it, it is a great book, and a nice compilation of stories,
not to mention the main-one:-)

Good night, and remember to look at www.duckhunt.de
AC