What makes BEST?

Francois Willot willot at ec-lille.fr
Sat Dec 4 15:10:37 CET 1999

Dr. Archontis Pantsios a écrit:

> Yes, I was aware of new French stories, but I thought that
> they produced just a handful per year and published in JM. Am I
> wrong on this one?

Mostly JM, yes (and also more childish stories in "Winnie" and "P'tit
Loup"). Some gags are (or were) occasionally made for Picsou, Super
Picsou, Mickey-Parade, Mickey-Jeux too.

> But you're right about the Dutch Disney comics production--it was my
> oversight, and I must concur that I like what comes out from Holland.

I don't like Barreira's work as much as one or two years ago, but the
Heymans/Kirsten de Graaf stories in "Donald Duck" are very good. I hope
they can do longer stories, and not only the "Duckies" back cover gags
(featuring DA's nieces with kind of strange hairs, and Donald's
nephews).
Sander Gulien too is a very good artist, and of course Daan Jippes.
Also, from the Comicup studio: Lazaro and Bernado are excellent.

> And I also get "Super Picsou Geant", "Topolino", "I Grandi Classici Disney"

If I had to vote for the best Hachette publication, it may be "Super
Picsou"! It publishes new Danish stories, together with very old Italian
stories, and Western stories. And Cavazzano do all covers.

  Francois
  http://www2.ec-lille.fr/~willot/pipo1.htm