request for general information.

Stefan Persson reimersholme at hotmail.com
Thu Dec 16 21:23:02 CET 1999

>I'm new in this list,I’m an Arabian garland I read Disney comics in Arabic
>language, and ofcourse with the Arabic characters names, so can you tell me
>as much as you can the tree of donald family in english names..in order to
>understand which characters you are talking about. Also can you tell me how
>could you now the artists who drew each comic ? and what do the number in
>the first image from every story means? And I just want you to know that
>the Arabic comics mag I read, started in the year 1994 only so, I don't
>have enough knowledge of comics but I would like to.

English names of frequent characters:
Donald Duck: The unlucky duck in blue and yellow clothes
Huey, Dewey and Louie Duck: Donald's nephews
Uncle Scrooge McDuck: Donald's rich uncle
Daisy Duck: Donald's girlfriend
April, May and June: Daisy's nephews
Gladstone Gander: Donald's lucky cousin
Fethry Duck: Donald's other cousin
Grandma Duck: Donald's grandmother
Gus Goose: The goose working for Grandma Duck

Mickey Mouse: The detective mouse
Minney Mouse: Mickey's girlfriend
Morty and Ferdie: Mickey's nephews
Chief O'Hara: The police officer
Detective Casey: The detective with a cigar, that helps O'Hara
Goofy: Mickey's tall friend
Horace Horsecollar: The horse
Clarabelle Cow: The cow
Pluto: Mickey's dog

I hope this list helps you. For other characters, you could check:
http://stp.ling.uu.se/~starback/dcml/creators/

The letters in the lower-left corner tells who has made the story, and when
it was made.
First character:      Means:
AR                    Another Rainbow (Gladstone), USA
B                     Brazil
D                     Egmont, Denmark
D N                   Egmont Japan, Japan
E                     Disney Europe, Paris, France
F                     Hachette, France
G                     Ehapa, Germany
H                     De Geïllustreerde Pers/Oberon, Holland
I                     Mondadori, Italy
KF, KFS               King Features Syndicate, USA (newspaper stips)
P, PM                 Mondadori, Italy (from Paperino Mese)
S, X                  Disney Studio, USA