Sv: DCML digest, Vol 1 #22 - 17 msgs

Anders Christian Sivebaek acsive at mail.mira.dk
Fri Dec 17 13:12:38 CET 1999

KRITON
> Do you mean the sigma, i.e., the third letter in the
> greek version of Don's name, which looks a bit like "Pooa"?
Yes.

> Hellenizing one's name does not simply mean to make
> up a greek version of it; it also means *adopting* it!
Oh... Don, don't do that!

MARCO
> Artist unknown (and anyway I would'n call that "art"...)
Ha! That was how I came to notice the style. The artist
isn't very good at Mickey and Goofy either. They appear
in one of the two stories (yes, I said 3, but I counted one
of them twice...). But his Donald is all right...
> possibly from South America.
I see.

DON ROSA
> Now this is very strange! That joke about the "second biggest frog"
has
> nothing whatsoever to do with my old "Captain Kentucky" strips. The
> Norwegian translator had planned to insert such a comment, but I told
him
> it was a good guess, but wrong...
What is the right guess then? or is that guy just referring to a story
you haven't written

> Nowhere do I have V. asking $crooge if he wants to go relive
> the Klondike days with him. Izzat what it sez in Danish???
Scrooge just says "Yukon?" I'm the one going out of that line. a wrong
line that is.
A lost love awaits him, so that's why he says Yukon...

> like they thought it was Iku-Turso's big bloodshot eye or
> something. I wonder how many readers were perplexed by that panel!?
I was, and you too, Ole:-)
Strange... typical colorist...

> No, I was making a bad joke. But you said you didn't understand what
my
> cover (or something)represented, and you asked me if I had any
ideas.... in
> English, that sounded like you thought I might not know what I was
doing
> myself.
Oh well, i wouldn't think you didn't know that. i just thought that
maybe the cover was made before the story itself, and it was different
versions. and it is.

HALSTEN
> Nope! It was there in Norway too!

Hello Misters at Egmont. What are you doing overthere?

LUCA
Thanks for the info about the neighbour. So, he's been seens in DK,
Italy,
and supposedly US. Anywhere else??

> Now, the work on the interview is started, but
> these days Egmont has asked me to do stuff that most of the time
seems to
> have to be finished the day before I recieve it.
So, they hadn't told you they would put a note baout it on the back of
the weekly weeks ago... If that's the working conditions there...
wow...

AC