A letter from Bruce Hamilton

Kriton Kyrimis kyrimis at cti.gr
Mon Dec 20 21:09:28 CET 1999

I just received a letter from Another Rainbow with some interesting
news (or lack thereof). As I haven't seen any mention of it yet, I'm
reproducing it below.

don't want their money refunded--they just want the Disney Comic books
back. If I have not made this clear before, I want to reemphasize that
all subscription monies have been set aside in a special account, so the
money is there if, at a future date, after all this time, the continuing
negotiations between Diamond and Disney fall apart. Remember, however,
Steve Geppi has indicated that all patient subscribers will be given
one or more extra, free issues (depending on how many remain) when
publishing resumes. Four books have been prepared, are on the shelf,
pre-planning done for several others.
  Disney has apparently mandated that no specifics of the on-going
dialogs may be shared with anyone, obviously including us, so I've not
been able to offer help or insights to either side. I learned some time
ago, however, that most basic points have been resolved, so the bogging
down must involve boilerplate issues. I have heard from other sources
that Disney's current approval processes for licensees are so restrictive
they now demand controls far beyond what is actually in effect with any
existing comic book licensee in the world.  Maybe this information is not
correct; I certainly hope so. If half is true, however, it would take
a herculean effort to put out any regularly scheduled publication. But
enough for now. Hold on! It may be, as they say, a bumpy ride.
  *Carl Barks*: Yours truly will be visiting the Old Duck Man in
another week, with follow-ups scheduled in January and February. What's
on tap? Well, something _is_ up and our next letter will reveal all! Hint:
Carl has stated emphatically he feels it is an "honor". Hmmm.
  *Another Rainbow's Lithograph Program*: A magnificent Money Bin--but
which?--is tentatively scheduled for our next release, either late
February or in March.
  *For the Christmas Shopper*: If you'd like a last-minute stocking
stuffer of Gladstone comics for a young one, (in age or spirit), we'll
rush off a Christmas gift directly to him, her or them with your name as
the giver, (1) so it will be delivered by Xmas or (2) so they will get
a letter from Gladstone telling them it will be arriving shortly. Any
quantity of Gladstone back issues (no albums), a mixed variety, our
choosing, no duplicates, _up to 100_ @ $1.00 apiece (minimum 15),
foreign $1.20 apiece, postage included.  Orders may be placed by check
or by credit card for speed.

                                    Very Sincerely Yours,

                    (signed) Bruce Hamilton

                    Bruce Hamilton and the Staff

        Kriton  (e-mail: kyrimis at cti.gr)
                (WWW:    http://dias.cti.gr/~kyrimis
-----
"I've been threatened by *experts*.  You know, Cybermen, Ice Warriors, Daleks,
 BBC producers..."
-----