Disney 'duck' items

Gary Pantzer gpantzer at ny.tds.net
Wed Dec 22 13:16:59 CET 1999

I know this is off-subject, but I thought some of the members may
be interested. I stopped by the Disney store in a local shopping
mall yesterday and found they are selling a large number of pins
that represent special 'events' in the history of Disney. There is a
total of 101 at $4 each. Of interest to me was DD -1945 in the
"The Three Caballeros." Also, HDL from 1938, DD from "Wise
Little Hen" (1934) and Uncle Scrooge (1947). There is even a
pin for Ludwig Von Drake. It is so rare to see Disney 'recognize'
Scrooge in mechandise here, so this was a surprise.

BTW, this was the description of the HDL pin:
>Huey, Dewey and Louie are the mischievous offspring of Donald
>Duck's sister, Dumbella.
For Scrooge:
>Although Scrooge McDuck is the richest duck in the world, with no
> less than three cubic acres of money, his favorite possession is still
>the first dime he ever owned.

Finally, I want take a moment to say THANK YOU to everyone
who makes this list possible. There can be no greater combination
of knowledge and help anywhere than here! Like any 'family', there
are conflicts from time to time, but if you need info or help with a
'duck' related matter, this is the place to come (this includes the
various other resources...sites, databases,etc.).
gary