Harry:-)

Anders Christian Sivebaek acsive at mail.mira.dk
Thu Dec 23 14:29:08 CET 1999

HARRY
> Ah, so there *are* some people (besides me) who know how our year
counting
> was defined. I started to wonder, since *everyone* in Holland seems
to think
> otherwise.
I'm one of your kind, Harry and Don.
Actually the weekly that comes out on the 27th agree with us, they now
that
we have a year to go yet... But they just published that story with the
balls now...
and I'm tempted to call that a millenium-story because it travels over
that.
But we have two milleniums then. the one that went from 1000 to 1999,
and the one that goes from 1001 to 2000. The wizard in that ball story
is talking about the first one. Christians, if any, are suppsoed to
believe in the latter (even though the pope doesn't). because a monk in
600 made out way to calculate time, he says one year after year 0 and
one year before. but he only calculates one day for year 0, the day
jesus was born.
And some say that was 4 years after and in the summer...

> Apart from that, it's a bit silly to wish anyone "a happy new
millennium". I
> at least know for sure that I won't live for another 1000 years.
I don't think any of the others here are planning to live for so long
either..