Kalevala

Geir Hasnes g-hasne at online.no
Tue Nov 30 14:40:05 CET 1999

Hello from Norway.

I just got the Norwegian Donald Duck weekly in the mailbox, containing the second part of Don's Kalevala story.

It was incredible. It was absolutely way above anything he has done. He will probably not agree with me, but that doesn't matter.

I happen to enjoy the kind of story that suggests so much behind what is actually told.

The idea of introducing the Duck's into the Kaleva universe is great!

I am currently reading Kalevala in a Swedish translation to get behind Don's story - I bought the book in 1985 in Finland but haven't been able to finish it yet - so what an occasion to renew my acquaintance with this mythological universe!

Geir Hasnes