Question Concerning a Don-Rosa-Story

Norbert Stippler Norbert.Stippler at rhein-main.net
Sun Apr 2 23:39:52 CEST 2000

Hi all,

I have a specific question concerning "Treasure Under Glass", which I
read yesterday for the first time.

There is a logical mistake, and I would like to know if it is due to
faulty translation (since I have only the german version) or if it is
contained in Don Rosa's original script already.

On the very first page one of the nephews is making a photograph of
Donald pulling faces in Scrooges back. On the last page the film in the
camera is developed, and Scrooge discovers the photograph.

But on page 12 Donald asks if the camera is ready, and the nephew
answers: "Ich hab eben einen neuen Film eingelegt", in english: "I just
put in a new film." So, if the film is changed in the middle of the
story, the photograph from page one can't be in the camera at the end of
the story.

I admit, it is only an unimportant detail, but somehow I don't like
logical errors in the comics I read (although I am not a pedantic person
normally). :-)

Can someone tell me if this error happens in the original english
version as
well?

Norbert