Francois: Brazilian Fethry's spin-offs and others

Arthur Faria Jr. arthurfaria at projesom.com.br
Tue Apr 4 05:54:10 CEST 2000

    FRANCOIS:

>The only one where I had previously seen Fethry actually drawing a comic
>story for Scrooge is B 780300 (Assombracao Do Porao Do Barao) also
>reprinted in Italy

There are two stories using that ghost character, B 74008 and B 780300
but they were about a terror *novel* that Fethry was writing, not
a comic story. Thus FE wasn't actually drawing the scenes --
he was just imagining them as he wrote.

>Regarding the brazilian series where the action is set in a world
>beneath the sea (whith Fethry as the king): I have always been a bit
>disturbed by the fact that many of the background characters were fishes

His early stories show those characters as "underwater ducks".
Late ones show them as sharks, octopuses, whales, etc. I'll put
"Fethry the Submariner" first story on the Web soon.

>Are these
>a comic-book creation of Fethry as well? And beside the cow-boy and sea
>series, are there any other series drawn by Fethry?

No. Only "Fethry Kid" and "Jungle Fethry" are. There are
other spin-offs, like a "Caveman Fethry" and the Submariner, but they
aren't FE's comic creations.

>I also remember several sepcial brazilian stories which may be part of
>series, but I'm not sure. One where Ludwig Von Drake tells the history
>of Duckburg, the history of computers and another one with Daisy and Cie
>defending themselves against several mythological monsters.

- "A historia de Patopolis" (Duckburg's History): 5-chapter series
first printed in 1982 and reprinted in 1986 with 2 new chapters added
(in order to use the then "new" Daisy and Boinifacio, the unlucky CL's
cousin)
-  I can't recall neither that computer's history story (or series) nor
Daisy against mythological monsters... Could you give me more details?

 -- Arthur.