Brazilian Fethry's spin-offs and others

Pedro Cravo pedro.cravo at estig.ipbeja.pt
Wed Apr 5 00:11:46 CEST 2000

>The only one where I had previously seen Fethry actually drawing a
>comic story for Scrooge is B 780300 (Assombracao Do Porao Do Barao)
>also reprinted in Italy
>
> There are two stories using that ghost character, B 74008 and B
> 780300 but they were about a terror *novel* that Fethry was writing,
> not a comic story. Thus FE wasn't actually drawing the scenes --
> he was just imagining them as he wrote.

There is a Pena Kid (Fethry Kid) story where Fethry is drawing the story and Scrooge doesn't like it so it's constantly making him change the outcome. I don't remember it's title.

>I also remember several sepcial brazilian stories which may be part
>of series, but I'm not sure. One where Ludwig Von Drake tells the
>history of Duckburg, the history of computers and another one with
>Daisy and Cie defending themselves against several mythological
>monsters.
>
> - "A historia de Patopolis" (Duckburg's History): 5-chapter series
> first printed in 1982 and reprinted in 1986 with 2 new chapters
> added (in order to use the then "new" Daisy and Boinifacio, the
> unlucky CL's cousin) -  I can't recall neither that computer's
> history story (or series) nor Daisy against mythological
> monsters... Could you give me more details?

I have four comics that make a special collection dedicated to computers. The History of Computers appears in the first one and the others have stories about computers, video games and robots. If I'm not mistaken, there are three or four chapters of the History of Computers (but there may be more) and it dates back to the middle 80. It was edited by Editora Abril, from Brazil, and distributed here in Portugal, as most of the Disney comics those days.

Pedro Cravo