Pls translate - French

Mattias Hallin cmhallin at algonet.se
Wed Apr 12 10:21:44 CEST 2000

At 19.47 2000-04-11, Juliet Violette wrote:
>The picture shows Scrooge under a palm tree and
>the caption reads:  Un Coin-Coin De Paradis.

Simple enough: "coin" as a single word means "corner", thus "a corner of
paradise", while "coin-coin" is the sound that ducks make in French -- in
other words it is the French equivalent of "quack quack".

Yup -- a cute joke, allright ;-)

All the best,

/Mattias

*** Mattias Hallin ** Brussels ** Belgium ** <cmhallin at algonet.se> ***
*             "Oh bury me thar! With my battered git-tar!            *
*************      A-screamin' my heart out fer yew!"    *************