Santa Claus

Daniel van Eijmeren dve at kabelfoon.nl
Tue Aug 8 08:36:28 CEST 2000

THIERRY FERNARD, 5 AUGUST 2000:

> I love "Letter to Santa" but have always been disappointed by
> the end of the story (the appearance of Santa). This ending
> seems impossible to me, at least in Barks' universe. I would
> not be surprised if this idea was imposed to him by his
> editors.

According to Michael Barrier, the "Letter to Santa" is both written
and drawn by Barks. (According to the vouchers.) Maybe Barks wrote and
drew the story because he knew that it was what editors wanted him to
write? Or maybe he was only given a theme to work out himself?
A direction like: "We want a story with Santa Claus in it"?

Is the shrunk Santa Claus part of his appearance in general, or is
it something that only appears in the "Letter to Santa" story? It's
the only thing I've wondered about when reading the story.

There was something else that got my attention in that scene.
(Hint: Be a nitpicker and look at Donald's feet...)

Best wishes,

--- Daniel

PS. Do you *really* mean that Santa Claus doesn't exist???