clarification

john garvin jgarvin at bendcable.com
Sun Aug 13 18:52:10 CEST 2000

Eirik Sollie said (and welcome to the list!):
***
John Garvin obviously find the disagreement most entertaining. He claims
that such discussions make this list come alive. To a certain extent, I
agree with him. He really makes some valid points. Such a forum needs some
“temperature”, and controversial meanings. After all it is a forum for
discussion. One should not be to serious, or scientific about it. After all,
we are discussing comic books!
***
Just to clarify: I did not see the exchanges between Daniel and Don as being personal attacks, but maybe I'm wrong.  It was and is pretty obvious that Don's views of the Barks Universe irk Daniel, and have for some time, and it is those VIEWS that I find entertaining and
debateable, not any preceived personal attacks between two list members.  So, I'm not calling for list members to start attacking one another (that would be entertaining, but inapropriate for such a good-natured list as this), but merely for list members to not ever be afraid
to voice an opinion about Barks work, Mr. Rosa's work, or anything else.  Those kinds of discussions are what I find entertaining, but maybe I'm just a grumpy ex-graduate student.