Don Rosa School scheme

Eirik Jørgensen Sollie eirik.sollie at c2i.net
Tue Aug 15 10:09:31 CEST 2000

Halvor Sandven:
"The drawing also made me wonder how old the boys really are. I have always
considered them being about 10 years, but the things they were studying in
their daydream looked very advanced for someone at that age."
In general, I think that varies a lot. In some of the early Barks stories,
HLD appear to be quite young - about ten years, maybe. In some of the later
stories, when Barks stories generally became more complex, HLD changed a
lot. They appeared more mature and advanced - not in all the later stories,
though.
Actually I have alway considered them being at least 12 years old.
It also depends a lot on the artist, of course. Some artists make them seem
mature, others make them seem young. (And we know how they appeared on the
films...)
Eirik J. Sollie