In praise of Disney's censors

Kriton Kyrimis kyrimis at cti.gr
Mon Dec 4 08:10:48 CET 2000

Having read the complete, unexpurgated, and expanded version of Don's
"The Incredible Shrinking Tightwad", I am beginning to understand how
Disney's censors felt after reading the story: the excised parts were
gross and disgusting, hardly the stuff one would expect to find in a
Disney comic book. Even the part about prunes in the Beagle Boy's pocket
is not as ridiculous as it sounds, especially in the context of all the
other gross things that happen in the story. Having my hands covered in
hair grease, stepping into puddles of prune residue, and being drenched
in snot is not my idea of a funny gag. I wonder why Don's editors didn't
point this out to him, so that he could rewrite the gags without having
to butcher the story to make it more palatebale.

	Kriton	(e-mail: kyrimis at cti.gr)
	      	(WWW:    http://dias.cti.gr/~kyrimis)
-----
"Time and Time Lords wait for no man."