DCML digest, Vol 1 #344 - 9 msgs

Rodney w bowcock jr. rodney-selfhelpbikeco at juno.com
Thu Dec 7 01:31:51 CET 2000

Besides all of those cruel and painful slapstick shenanigans, one can't
forget Stan Laurel's love of ending the Laurel and Hardy shorts with the
boys in bizarre positions like their heads twisted around backwards on
their bodies and things like that.  Come to think of it, I'm pretty sure
that Stan had to fight to keep some of those in the films when they were
originally made.

And I'm sure that if I were an artist like Don, I'd never get used to
thoughtless screw-ups either.  And as far as I'm concerned the few
instances of censorship in Gladstone's books (besides the Rosa stories,
the censorship of Treasure Of Marco Polo in the CBL comes to mind) were a
few too many, but we can hardly blame the Gladstone staff for that.

Rodney Bowcock