Memory pills and the origin of The Screaming Cowboy

Daniel van Eijmeren dve at kabelfoon.nl
Fri Dec 8 16:34:34 CET 2000

ROB KLEIN, 07-12-2000:

> Daniel van Eijmeren's comments on crowd panic causing doors to be shut
> by their own force; followed by Harry Fluks' comment that doors in USA
> open out because of a hotel fire in the 1920s!!!  Deja Vu???  It seems
> this is an exact repeat of a conversation by those same members about
> a year ago.

Repetition is a great help for remembering old discussions. :-)

I also remember another discussion between you, Harry and me during one
of these visits. It was about the Screaming Cowboy story (WDC 137).

I don't remember who said what (except that I myself only acted as
listener), but summarizing it was about a 1940s record called
"The Crying Cowboy" which only (or mostly) contained crying and
moaning.

This record would have been a possible inspiration for Carl Barks in
making Donald the writer of the "The Screaming Cowboy" song.

Do I remember this right? And if so, can you or someone else give me
more details on that Crying Cowboy song?

Best wishes,

--- Daniel

PS. Once answered, I promise and swear I won't ask you this question
again. I'm now making *notes*, which is a bigger help for my memory
than being repetitive. :-)