I'l tell you what's good taste

Mike Pohjola mikep at iki.fi
Sat Dec 9 14:00:51 CET 2000

DON:
> I am not saying exactly *what* bad taste is... that would be impossible to
> determine and we should stop wasting time on the subject... I'm just
> explaining how I see what I do as compared to what *I* think is bad taste.

In a Finnish comics newsgroup there was a trollish person who was
convinced that every other newsgroup reader was a fanatic Rosa fan and
tried to make us understand that Rosa is not the best comics creator there
ever was. He prooved this by informing us that Rosa's engineer humor is
in extremely bad taste (because it's engineer humor). When somebody
compared your work with Herge´s, the person found this (the act of
comparing you two) offensive.

> Sorry. I need to try to write English at least half as well as you
> Europeans.

That's okay. English is a European language, after all ;)

DAN:
> REN AND STIMPY's booger collection into kid's animation programs,

That's a kids' program? I always figured it was meant for college-level
people. (Maybe when they're high, but still.)

FABIO:
> Now  I wanna know about another adventure, about a little mill
> that expulses salt, and water, and shoes, and... Which $crooge
> adventure is??? Pleez!!!

I know of one story that almost fits the description. Don Rosa's
recent adventure that was set in Finland. Called "The Quest for
Kalevala" or something like that. But the mill (Sampo) ground salt, flour
and gold.

Mike Pohjola
mikep at iki.fi            +358-50-5238399            http://www.iki.fi/mikep