DCML digest, Vol 1 #72

Norbert Stippler Norbert.Stippler at rhein-main.net
Fri Feb 4 22:29:31 CET 2000

> Message: 4
> From: "Don Rosa" <donrosa at iglou.com>
>
> Aha! No, that reference by the nephew was *not* in my original script. But
> it's GOOD! If I hadn't said anything, I could have claimed it was mine!!!
> Drat! I *was* careful not to have the Nephew say "Our Unca Donald is a
> duck!" for the reasons you mention (he's a human!) But I had the Kid saying
> he dresses in blue. I didn't think about having them also say he "swims
> like a duck"! That was a good touch!

Hi All!

This issue of Donald being duck or human let me think of a couple of stories where Carl Barks made
jokes about Donald being a duck, although he always claimed Donald to be human.

In "The Think Box Bollix" the talking wolf shouts "I wanted cooked food! Roast duck!" when he
starts hunting Donald.

In "The Gilded Man" the Ducks are especially shocked when they see the stuffed ducks, ignoring the
other stuffed animals.

There may be other occurences which I do not recall right now.

Seems that Barks couldn't resist these jokes, although, from a pedantical point of view, they are
in contradiction to Donald being a human.

Norbert