The low-rating of the Cutty Sark

Botto Armando Armando.Botto at elsag.it
Fri Feb 4 14:37:54 CET 2000

> Joachim wrote:
>> Many Egmont-countries are doing lots of
> market-research, and it has become obvious that Don Rosa's historical
> stories really are much less popular that his other stories. F. e., the
> best-rated Rosa story ever was "A Matter of Some Gravity", whereas the
> second part of "The Cowboy Captain of the Cutty Sark" got the poorest
> comic-rating of its issue!

I'm curious... what was the comic-rating of the *first* part of the story ?
Just to see whether the "market-researched" readers were simply let down by
the story-ending, or they didn't like the story at all...

And, for those of you who are curious as to the other stories in German
issue 99-09 (the one containg the second part of Don's story), here they
come, directly from the INDUCKS:

D 93503 12 Guard Duty (HDL work as money bin guards to help DD getting money
for DA) Hamill/Branca
D 96433 6 Computer Mess (DD gets swallowed by a computer into a computer
game) Justesen/Milani
D 97322 1 Weight Problems (GO trains himself to loose weight)
Hojsteen/Regalado Teixido
D 97134 6 The Secret Recipe (A baking factory owner tries to get GD's
winning cake recipe) Wejp-Olsen/Guirado
D 98088 1 Ein krimineller Kunstler (MM and OH asks artist about stolen
painting) (Riddle)
D 98045 12 Abenteuer auf Java (the Rosa story)
YD 50-02-27 0 Actor DD gets a TV role (Taliaferro daily strip)

Personally, I've read only the Branca story (in ZP 112)... And I only
remember it vaguely, while I have a very distinct (and pleasant)memory of
the Cutty Sark story (and, for that matter, also of Don's "The Duck Who Fell
To Earth", which was featured on the same ZP 112 ;-))

Well, tastes are tastes... I won't worry, as long as Don is able to keep
writing the story he likes himself, for one publisher or the other ;-)

Ciao,
Armando