AW: DCML digest, Vol 1 #73 - 10 msgs

Stahl, Joachim GE - EV j.stahl at ehapa.de
Mon Feb 7 11:37:11 CET 2000

From: Joachim Stahl (j.stahl at ehapa.de)
Subject: Low-rating of "Cutty Sark"

Armando wrote:
>I'm curious... what was the comic-rating of the *first* part of the story ?
Just to see whether the "market-researched" readers were simply let down by
the story-ending, or they didn't like the story at all...<

The rating of the first part of "Cutty Sark" in MM 8/99 was 56 %, the rating
of the second part 55 %, so there was no real difference.  BTW, 55 % is
exactly the average comic-rating in the German Weekly. So our readers didn't
think "Cutty Sark" sucked, but for them it was no highlight like most of Don
Rosa's non-historical stories either. And the rather disappointing rating of
"Cutty Sark" was no single case, as "The Vigilante of Pizen Bluff" rated
even poorer and was one of the worst stories of all 1997. But maybe the
French will like the new "Lo$"-stories better than the majority of readers
in the Egmont-countries.

Joachim