weekly no. 6

Gerstein, David DK - ECN DGE at ECN.egmont.com
Thu Feb 10 12:24:17 CET 2000

	Hi AC!

	If I can elaborate on your reviews so other countries know which
stories you're referring to...

>It starts out with a nice vicar-story.
	Vicar sure did some cool art, but he's not the only man with the
plan! "Of Ice And Men" (D 99077) was in fact *written* by Lars Jensen (plot)
and Chris Spencer (script).

>The Mickey-story is by Petrucha and Rodriques and looks very nice. it's
>about farm animals and a "sky stone".
	"With A Duck-Duck Here" (D 99039) is actually a bit of a take on
George Orwell, too. _Animal Farm_ is really one of the great works of
literature IMHO.

> There's Little Wolf story. And
>the title says that... in the 80'es it was always BB wolf who was the
>hero of those stories, but it's good that they changed that, cause he
>can't really be a hero, can he?
	Big Bad may still be the hero- uh, "title character" now and then.
	But you know, in fact the long-standing tradition here at Egmont has
always been to call the stories "Li'l Bad Wolf," and it's the *publishers*
who sometimes retitle a certain story BBW instead.

>There's a Manrique soccer-story
	Donald in "A League Of His Own" (D 98218).

>Talking about Net, the second story with the Computer club is the last
>long story of the issue.
	HDL in "CLINT" (D 99103).

>I think that the stories were supposed to have
>the main title Computer Club, but the weekly's editors goofed and
>titled the first story that. Now they call the series I(nformation)
>T(echnology)-Duckburg.
	In English, this club is called The I-Team, which is as you see
derived from the same concept (as well as being a heroically bad pun on an
old TV adventure series... :-)
	In case anyone's interested, Huey, Dewey, and Louie's neighborhood
chums in the club, by the way, are Benny (bird-faced boy), P. C. (cat-faced
girl) and Mack (the bigger boy).
	If you liked this story, BTW, there will be another in the series
next month.

	David Gerstein
	<dge at ecn.egmont.com>