the journal de Mickey

Francois Willot willot.francois at ec-lille.fr
Fri Feb 11 16:10:52 CET 2000

>At 2000-02-11 11:32 +0000, Francois Willot wrote:
>>But sometimes, and here it was the case, these lists also give
>>information about the origin of the stories, the authors, translators,
>>etc. that are not directly visible from the publication itself (if you
>>don't know much about Disney comics at least).
>
>OK, this is a valid point, you're right, so I'll pass this on.

Well, you're right of course that this doesn't give much information on
the actual publication.

The first issues of "Le journal de Mickey" is from october 21, 1934
(with a #01 in june and a "02 in october 14th), the last issue (with
Disney comics) is #389 from 1942.
The idea of the "Journal de Mickey" comes from Paul Winkler, who owned
the rights for KFS in Europe.
After #389, the issue was retitled "Le journal de Mickey et Hop Là!
réunis", but doesn't contain any Disney comic.

The rarest of all issue probably is #296 (it is said that one or two
issues are known to exist). It was published the day after Germany
invaded France.
After #296, the magazine was published in Marseille, by Paul Winkler's
wife (Paul Winkler had to go the US).
It reappeared in 1952, though a clone of it, "Hardi présente Donald" was
published from 1947 to 1953.

Before the "Journal de Mickey", a few books with Mickey dailies were
published by Hachette from 1930 up to the 50s, and in the newspaper "Le
petit parisien" in october 1930.

  Francois (http://www2.ec-lille.fr/~willot/coa/index.uk.html)