Scarpa

Sandven, Halvor halvor.sandven at dnb.no
Thu Feb 24 12:57:47 CET 2000

Hello!

I must say that I really enjoyed the two latest issues of the norwegian
weekly, and this mostly because of the Scarpa-stories which have been
discussed several times in this list. Last week (issue 7) the story 'History
Re-Petes Itself' was published, a story with good script and beautiful
drawings. I also like the small details, like the drawings of Pete from his
Gottfredsons days. It made me wonder, these details, are they something that
the writer (Gerstein) comes up with, or is it the artist that puts these
things in the art, just for kicks?

This week's (issue 8) old Scarpa-story from 1955 (Il carnevale di Paperin
PaperoneI) was also very good. In this issue we see HDL fighting among
themselves and getting sick beacuse of eating too much chocolate. The B-boys
are smoking, and they don't even get caught at the end of the story. Such
tings are seldom seen in modern stories, and I found them quite refreshing.
I think this story is the oldest Scapa-story I have read, but looking at
'the last Balaboo' it looks like 'Ttavole di raccordo per Almanacco
Topolino' is the first mouse/duck-story he made. Is this right, and what's
this story about? Is this story reprinted anywhere?

Does anyone know if there are plans to publish more of this artist's new or
old stories i Scandianvia? I certainly hope so!

---Halvor

entity to whom it is addressed. Please also be aware that DnB cannot
accept any payment orders or other legally binding correspondence with
customers as a part of an email.

This email message has been virus checked by the virus programs used
in the DnB Group.