Gyro appears in F&SF

Kriton Kyrimis kyrimis at cti.gr
Tue Jan 25 12:56:09 CET 2000

TRYG:

> I have to wonder what percentage of the readers would be at all familiar
> with Barks, and much less Gyro.  Maybe more than we think?

Being in an acerbic mood, I'l comment that being, by its nature, addressed
to the small minority of people that can read, the story is addressed to
the same kind of audience as that of Barks' stories. Thus, the probability
of a high overlap between the two audiences is significant.

Speaking of overlap between Disney comics and SF audiences, I wonder if
there is actually any truth in the above statement. I know I enjoy both,
but a sample of one does not permit one to derive any conclusions. However,
as both kinds of fiction could be described as fantasy, expanding from
talking ducks to starships as one grows up makes some sort of sense.

	Kriton	(e-mail: kyrimis at cti.gr)
	      	(WWW:    http://dias.cti.gr/~kyrimis
-----
"...to seek new life, to explore strange new worlds, to boldly go where no
 particulate entity with any sentient characteristics whatsoever has gone
 before."
-----