One pager

Armando Botto bolcano at tin.it
Fri Jan 28 21:10:37 CET 2000

Michael:
> I had a call from an old fan who was looking for the WDC&S issue that
> this one pager appear (he thought that it was an inside front or back
> cover.
> Donald is in a car, has an accident, takes a scooter out of the trunk,
> has another accident, takes skates out of scooter and proceeds to run
> into a phone booth (?)
That's a Taliaferro Sunday page, namely the one dated July 12th, 1942.
The Inducks reports that the gag was reprinted in WDC&S 27 (December 1942),
under the title "Keep 'Em Rolling"; probably not on the inside front cover,
but in one of the first pages of the comic (just guessing from the issue
A more exact description is as follows:
Donald is in a car, a tyre bursts, he takes a scooter out of the trunk, a
tyre bursts again, he takes a unicycle out of the scooter's (rather large)
trunk, the unicycle's tyre bursts, he takes skates out of his bag and
proceeds to run into a pole. In the final panel, he's being carried away by
an ambulance, but has a happy look on his face (he's able to keep on
travelling, after all...).

Hope it helps,
Armando