Barks influence on Spielberg and more.....

Rodney w bowcock jr. rodney-selfhelpbikeco at juno.com
Sun Jul 16 00:13:54 CEST 2000

Someone (Arie?) asked if Spielberg "stole" any of Barks' ideas.  Though I
can't say it was outright "stealing" I do recall reading in an old Cross
Talk column (Gladstone's "coming attractions" feature for those of you
who don't know) that Barks' Micro Ducks From Outer Space (US 65) story
was the inspiration for the the movie Batteries Not Included.

Also, I just got the new Overstreet price guide, and it looks like
"values" for US 179, DD 222 and WDC&S 480 have finally been adjusted.  US
179 has the current market value of $125. which seems to fit nicely with
the prices we've seen it going for lately.

One last thing:  The price guide says that US digest 5 is scarce, meaning
that only 20-100 copies are known to exist.  Can this be correct?  I can
vouch for this issue missing from my collection, and I've had an
increasingly difficult time finding digests, but I find it hard to
believe that *any* book made by a major company in the last 15 years can
be *that* difficult to come by.  Anyone have any thoughts on this?

Rodney Bowcock

Juno now offers FREE Internet Access!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.