Lord, Movies,Fantasia 2000

Georgios Balanikas MD gbalanik at med.auth.gr
Thu Jun 1 00:50:32 CEST 2000

KRITON

>I guess you beat me to the question. Did you actually know the French and
>English titles of the movie, or did you raid the Internet Movie Database,
>like I did?

No, I asked my wife Irene who is Cinema expert and we looked at some book
guides (L. Maltin etc. ) I know the Internet Movie Database but I didn't
think to search at that particular moment.

>> I would like to ask Don if this is true or it's a simple but amazing
>> coincidence.
>
>Given Don's fondness for movies from that era, it would be an amazing
>coincidence if this weren't true.

I also knew and suspected  that but  I just wanted to have the artist's
opinion  about this detail.

DON ROSA

>Anyway, the cover (to my surprise!) popped up on one of the last issues of
>WDC&S, so you've already seen it.

It's Uncle Scrooge #317 and as I can see there is no great difference in
Donald's hat design from Gladstone's cover (which IMO is rich in details)

 It's the one with Donald and >But I do
see what looks like "Ntov Pooa" mentioned on the cover ... that
>was nice of them. (That's how they spell "Don Rosa" in Greek!)

The spelling of the name  Don Rosa in Greek is: Nton Rossa

FABIO

>Hello:
>          a question for the boys from Greece. You know, I was searching
>some bookshop oriented to Greeks books and magazines but, Alas! is no one
>here in Buenos Aires. I talk to the Embassy, but nothing. So, in the
>meantime I search (I'll try with some comic shop), can some of you give me
>the requirements for the Komix suscriptions? Thanks!

The address of KOMIX is:
KOMIX magazine
NEA AKTINA AE
7 Frangoklisias st .
GR 151 25
Marousi,
GREECE
And they are accepting international subscriptions.

>Hi Guys. I'm Apostolis, a new member!

Wecome to the list Apostolis!!

I haven't yet seen FANTASIA 2000 ,but I am curious to see  Al
Hirschfeld's contribution, the Legendary New York Times (Art section) and
Broadway caricaturist in the Rhapsody in Blue segment.

Georgios