Arie: changes in "Land Beneath the Ground"

Botto Armando Armando.Botto at elsag.it
Thu Jun 1 09:35:42 CEST 2000

Arie wrote:
<< But the one thing that caught my eyes
> was the different panels from what i had in my US version of the story. My
> has US and DD looping many times while this one over here showed other
> scenes not included in the printed story. Anyone can provide any info
> about
> this?
> http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=345683451 >>

The "Land beneath the ground" story was heavily edited before it was
published in US 13: 5 pages were cut (out of the original 32).
Luckily, two and a half pages survived, and were later published in the Carl
Barks Library and in the Celestial Arts book from which the eBay page comes
from.
For details about this story and many many others, take a look at Daniel van
Eijmeren's wonderful website:
http://www.seriesam.com/barks/index.html

(follow the link to "Comics" and then "Unpublished / lost works")

Hope it helps,
Armando