Carl Barks health

David Eoll deoll at mediaone.net
Sat Jun 3 06:23:43 CEST 2000

My first time posting to this (or any) list.  I hope this is right.

> From: HoyMurphy at aol.com
>
> Someone on another mailing list posted a message, citing Bruce Hamilton, that
> Carl Barks has been diagnosed with leukemia.  I hope this is just a bad
> rumor.  Can anyone confirm or deny this story?  Mr. Barks is 99 years old,
> and I'm hoping he'll be with us for many more years.

I am sorry to hear about this.  But do not lose hope.  One thing Carl
has going for him in this situation is his age.  I am not in the medical
profession in any way, but I'm pretty sure that most cancers are much
less aggressive in the old than the young.  My great-grandmother had
leukemia for many years before passing away.  My grandfather also had
prostate cancer for about 4 or 5 years, and it was not what killed him.

It is my wish to see Willard Scott wish Carl happy 100th next year.  For
those not in USA, Willard is a morning television personality on one of
the national networks (he does the weather), and one of his trademarks
is wishing happy birthday to centenarians.

Regards,
David Eoll