New Italian Edition of Lo$

Apostolis Trikourakis komix43 at hotmail.com
Fri Jun 9 16:55:41 CEST 2000

"Last Sled for Dawson" as a Lo$ chapter? I don't thing so. You see, "Last
Sled" is like "The Sign of the Triple Distelfink". Both stories have
mentions to the past but neither "last Sled" nor "Triple Distelfink" are
something like Lo$. Both stories take place not in the past but in our days
(or, as Don says "In 1967"). This is a part from a Don's interview Komix did
last February and is about the "Triple Distelfink":

KOMIX: You had said that you are not going to create another kind of Life
and Times for another character apart from uncle Scrooge. Have you changed
your mind?

ROSA: But the Triple Distelfink is only one story, not a series of chapters
as is The Life and Times of Scrooge McDuck. In addition, this is a memory
recalled by Gladstone; the story does not take place entirely in the past. I
may do the same for Donald at some point. It will have nothing to do with
the--by now fifteen--chapters of the Life and Times.

KOMIX: How different are these two cases?

ROSA: The Life and Times shows the changes in uncle Scrooge during his life,
how he became the hero he is today. On the other hand, the Triple Distelfink
takes place today. Besides, when I make a story with Donald or Gladstone, I
don't have the feeling of dealing with a character as complex as Scrooge
McDuck.
Do you understand now, Armando?
Cheers
Apostolis