Joachim-stahl

Fluks, H.W. H.W.Fluks at kpn.com
Fri Mar 3 22:44:09 CET 2000

How come we have so many Scrooges on this list? I mean, Scrooge's
Scandinavian name is Joachim or Joakim, and we have

- Joachim Stahl;
- Joakim Gunnarsson;
- Keno Don Rosa - where "Keno" is short for Gioacchino, the Italian form of
Joakim...

And then there's the origin of the world "dollar". This was taken (through
the Dutch "daalder") from German "Thaler", which is short for Joachimsthaler
(a coin from Joachimsthal, still used in Entenhausen)!
So a "dollar" could be regarded a "Scrooge's-dollar"...

Coincidence?

It also just occurred to me that Joachim Stahl is just a misspelling of
Joachimsthal...

Coincidence?

8-)

--Harry (not Joachim) Fluks