Bark's Emil Eagle?

Luca Boschi cnotw at zen.it
Mon Mar 6 16:27:24 CET 2000

Hi, Kriton and all!

> Emil Eagle has been used in MM stories by Murry (I remember one where
> he had invented a boiler-shaped robot with a funnel for a nose!)

Yes, true, but also other artists drew him with Mice. I remember a loong
story in the 90es' "Mickey Mouse" published by Disney (with S. De Stefano &
friends' art), and even some made in Italy stories, like a recent one,
written by G. Cordara, in which he was Super Goof's villain. The following
week he was operating in Duckburg against Uncle $crooge.

>  I don't know
> if Barks invented or just used this character

He was created by Vic Lockman, and drawn by some different artists. I
remember an early version (taller, with not much feathers) by Tony Strobl,
many stories by Phil DeLara and so on. Barks NEVER used him.

Bye!
Luca