Wundermild is back online - Gottfredson page updated, too: now rare comic book material available

wunderwurm@gmx.ch wunderwurm at gmx.ch
Mon Mar 6 23:42:54 CET 2000

Hi Folks,

I have been offline for almost two months, but now my ISP is working again
(FINALLY). Unfortunately, I had no access to my email account, too, which
is BAD as GMX deletes all messages older than one month, so any mail that was
sent to me (wunderwurm at gmx.ch OR krustik at oldenbuerger.de, the latter being
an anonymous remailer) before Feb.6 was dumped without being noticed.
Among them was a kind offer of one of the list members (from Italy, I
presume) who offered to contribute information on printed Gottfredson sources. I
forgot who it was, and my ISP broke down before I could answer him, and now
his email is gone down the loo. Of course, his help is greatly appreciated,
and I would be glad to hear from him again.
Anyway: I have updated my Gottfredson page (see
http://www.geocities.com/SoHo/Easel/4942/index.htm ), but not (yet) with Gottfredson material, but
instead I have added a section on rare comic book stories. I have set a link to
images an old site showing the famous entire "Atom Bomb" story by Carl
Barks of 1947 (I have set up that site some years ago anonymously), and in
addition I have uploaded brand-new scans of two Wheaties premium giveaway
publications (A-2 and B-8, respectively), i.e. "Grandma Duck, Homespun Detective",
and "Donald Duck, Klondike Kid", both penciled by Riley Thomson, writers
unknown. I was lucky to obtain these rare piccolo-sized comic books a few days
ago. I now have a few other rarities, and I plan to make them publicly
accessible in not-too-distant future.

And now a plea for help: Among the rarities of the Wheaties lot there is a
copy of issue C-1 ("Donald Duck and the Inca Idol", drawn by Paul Murry),
unfortunately the back cover (including the story's last page) is missing. Is
there anyone on this list who can provide me a scan of that particular
page? A scan of 100 dpi out of the original comic book would be superb, but an
image scanned out of an Italian reprint (reprints of Wheaties premiums in
Italy are the only I know of) will do, too, of course. Thanks in advance.
BTW, direct access to the comic book rarities page is:
http://www.geocities.com/SoHo/Easel/4942/rare.htm

WW