Norwegian comics

Paolo Castagno p.castagno at libero.it
Fri Mar 10 22:36:36 CET 2000

Hello,

I'm back from Norway, a really great place to visit (also if
because of working reasons... their working time are much shorter
than our ones!).

The reason I'm writing this message to the list is to describe
the Disney comics I found there... so if you aren't interested...
well... skip it! ;-)

Donald Duck #8 prints D-coded stories, that aren't what I like
best, but well, after all the last story "Det Gar Opp Og Ned Her
I Verden" (a multi-part) seems to be interesting... if I get it
right it is aboud Donald taking Scrooges place. But what
surprised me was finding a special issue sold together with the
issue: a special mini-issue reprinting Scarpa's "Il carnevale di
Paperin-Paperone" (I AO55006-A). A nice way to introduce old
stories to newer readers.

Then issue #2-2000 of Fantonald, a complete reprint from Italian
PKNA #36: the Norwegian reprint is better than the Italian one,
since it doesn't have all that semi-demential stiff such as the
readers mails, PK action hero cards, etc...

Then in a comic book store "Spider man" (they have a very nice
logo: Mickey dressed like Spiderman) I found a lot of used Disney
comics, at cheap prices: 5 koronas, something like 1250 Italian
lire or 60 cent if you prefer. I bought a couple of Barks reprint
and some Scarpa stories: I'm very happy to have found Zio
Paperone e l'amuleto di Amundsen (I TL  135-A), being Amundsen a
sort of national hero in Norway.

Then, beside Disney comics, I also found Tex Willer, the local
edition of another Italian comic.... ah: I need another copy of
Tex, so if anyone in Norway wants to exchange it with Italian
Disney (or Tex...) comics, please contact me.

Finally on my way back home I stopped to Amsterdam ariport, where
I found two good Barks albums: DD als Geheim agent (W OS  308-02)
and DD als Suiker Oom (W CP    2-01)... other two great issues!

Well... that's all, since it would be off-topic to describe the
wonderful girls that are in Oslo!!!! ;-)

Thanks for your attention!

  - Paolo

 http://members.xoom.it/inducks  mailto:p.castagno at libero.it