A visit with Don Rosa

Rodney w bowcock jr. rodney-selfhelpbikeco at juno.com
Mon Mar 13 02:10:13 CET 2000

Earlier this afternoon I went to Don Rosa's lovely home in Louisville KY,
and I wanted to let fellow members know what I saw.

For starters I saw The 3 Cabelleros Ride Again story which should be done
soon, and looks very good.  I think it'll be great to see Donald actually
interact with his friends instead of relatives.  I also saw Don's studio
and *lots* of Duck toys.  It was great to get an idea of how the creative
process for these great stories is done.

I also saw the "comics vault" that is sometimes referred to on this list.
 Don owns by far the largest comic collection I've ever seen, with over
40,000 books.  Needless to say you'll find any book that you've ever
wanted here, plus many others that you probably forgot existed.

Don asked me to write something telling you about this and I'm not sure
if this is what he wanted or not.  I hope it is.  I also wanted to
publicly thank him for being so hospitable with me.

Also, while there I saw an issue of PICSOU with a large pull out poster
of the Duck family tree.  Don didn't have many copies of this (only one
or two?) so I couldn't very well ask for one from him.  Can any list
member get a copy of this book with the poster for me?  Of course I'd be
willing to trade cash or comics for it.

Thanks again for a great afternoon Don,
Rodney Bowcock

Juno now offers FREE Internet Access!