DCML digest, Vol 1 #118 - 8 msgs

Arie Fachrisal cien2 at cbn.net.id
Mon Mar 20 19:14:25 CET 2000

> From: Alexgoe at aol.com
> Maybe Mickey isn't so requested any more like he was years ago. So I'd
> like to ask other members of the mailing list if this is in other
countries
> so, too. Does anybody know something about this?
i am bored reading most MM stories cause of his perfection. i remember a MM
story by Gottfredson where MM must get several cameras to check for hidden
things??? and he actually swipe a camera from a little girl, now that's
revolting, it aint somethin i see everyday. Most Mm stories are just too
boring and cliche with guessable endings (except for good works from Floyd
and Murry). In my country people also prefers the ducks than the mice.

> From: Juliet Violette <julietv at email.com>
> I was wondering... did Carl Barks "invent" Uncle
> Scrooge?  and if so, was he working for Disney or
> another company?
Yep, when he was working for Western Publishing if i'm not mistaken.

  I'm always surprised when I see
> Scrooge in Disney things for some reason.  I have
> this shrine to him basically in my living room and
"shrine"???

> Also, I never really liked the Ducktales cartoons
> (do they have those in other countries?)
Ugh, i don;t like that series also. it was aired here in my country few
years ago.

 About the ducks takin over
Not that i against it. it's just that shameful isn't it to let other
potential characters met their declining starring stories because of the
ducks are taking over. As much as i love the ducks, a stroy or two of
Panchito, Bad Wolf, Carioca, or Brer always amuse me and give something
fresh. Heck, i dont know if i'm the only one but i do think the ducks have
been exploited too many times by now that only one tenth of the recent
stories really packed something new and wonderful. The others are mostly
cliched stories and slow-paced, guessable plot, sorry for saying this but an
honest fan is certainly legal or politically correct, right?
What i'm trying to say is give the ducks a break. There are still many
characters left for development. MM is waiting for *that* talent that will
bring him once again as the true highlight of Disney. And i'm not satisfied
with recent Brer stories, too. The classic ones are too dang good. What of
Goffy? i've seen Super Goffy, Goffy one-page gags, and others, and they are
nicely done especially the one-pager. Where are the new stories?

Best,
Arie Fachrisal