Character categories

Kristian Pedersen K.Pedersen at Oberthurcs.com
Tue Mar 21 18:23:00 CET 2000

Arie Fachrisal wrote:
>>>What is the relation between Mickey
and Jaq&Gus? Cousins? Long cousins? Very long relatives? Very-very long
relatives? Very-very-very long ones? Or not at all?

and Don Rosa wrote:

>>>But what's more amusing to do, and which we've done on here from time to
time, is try to count the number of different types of characters there are
in
Disney comics.

Apart from the categories Don mention, one that springs to my mind is the
anthropomorphized (if such a word exists!) little boat and his father. Their

rare occurrences in the Danish weekly always mystified me when I was a
child!

Also, I think Horace Horsecollar is a bit of an oddity, wearing human
clothes
AND horse gear at the same time. I think I remember an old strip in which
he's
much more horse-like and Mickey is trying to tame him. Can this be true? And
are
there other characters that have evolved that drastically?

Kristian Pedersen
(Just back on the ML after two-year absence in case somebody remembers me!)