New Brazilian Fethry's spin-off stories on the Web!

Arthur Faria Jr. arthurfaria at projesom.com.br
Mon Mar 27 10:05:01 CEST 2000

    Hi!

    As I promised, I put some new Brazilian
Fethry's spin-off stories on the Web. Marco
Barlotti suggested the first Pena Kid story, when
he was just a comic character drawn by Fethry Duck
for Scrooge's newspaper. But his origin needed
three stories to be told:

a) B 74141 Uncle Scrooge "Quadrinhos e Adivinhos"
   Art: Carlos Herrero

Pena Kid is only mentioned twice, as a Donald's idea for a
comic character for Scrooge's newspaper. I scanned only the
two panels where he appears since the rest of the story
has nothing to do with him:

http://www.projesom.com.br/afaria/b_fethry/b74141.jpg

b) B 74144 Donald Duck "Pena Kid e Xaxam" (9 pages)
   Art: Carlos Herrero

http://www.projesom.com.br/afaria/b_fethry/

Again, the character appears in two panels only, as one of many
comic characters created by FE and DD to attract comic
readers for Scrooge's newspapers, while Rockerduck does
the same.
Curiosity: Some Brazilian artists, writers, inkers and
editors of the 70s appear in Rockerduck's artistic
teams, caricatured as dog noses, pig noses, etc. Carlos
Herrero, the artist of all stories of that phase,
depicted himself as a pig nose in page 5, panel 7)

c) B 74143 Fethry Duck "Uma missão espinhosa" (9 pages)
   Art: Carlos Herrero

http://www.projesom.com.br/afaria/b_fethry/

The first complete Pena Kid's story, a comic story
inside another, where one can see Fethry drawing it, while
Donald and Scrooge stick their oars in it according to
the readers' reactions. Since then the character became
a Fethry's creation.

    Have fun.

    -- Arthur.