comics in libraries

Kari Lepola Kari.Lepola at hut.fi
Mon May 22 20:10:39 CEST 2000

We have been talking about the availability of comics from
libraries, especially Uncle $crooge comics.
In Finland libraries buy copies of all popular comics, also
of those which are published weekly or monthly. They keep them
as long as they stay in a readable condition, usually two or
three years, after that they get thrown away. You can borrow
them home, except for the newest issue which you can only read
at the library. If publishers make annual volumes they buy them
also and those last much longer. Now I am curious to know, how
are these things in other countries?
Are "consumption"/"soft-paper-back" comics available from libraries?

Kari.Lepola at hut.fi