Chateau de Versailles

Kristian PEDERSEN K.PEDERSEN at OBERTHURCS.com
Mon Nov 27 19:16:23 CET 2000

This fact may be common knowledge on the list, and if so, I apologize. But
I'll take my chances, because if it isn't it certainly _ought_ to be!

Chateau de Versailles is a beautiful old castle near Paris, ancient home of
the Sun King, Louis XIV in the seventeenth century. Apparently this mighty
sovereign (or perhaps an even earlier tenant) was also a Mickey Mouse fan,
as is evident from the layout of the garden. I finally found a good plan on
the web, so you don't have to take my word for it.

Now you're thinking "Oh yeah, so if I click on that link I'll see a familiar
three circle-Mickey silhouette, big deal!" You will indeed see this - along
with Mickey's nose, his mouth, his eyes WITH pupils, his arms, legs and
feet, and to top it all off, the darn buttons in his trousers!!

Did Gyro go back in a time machine and inadvertently forget a picture of
Mickey? In my opinion somebody should do a story about this!

Kristian :)

http://www.smartweb.fr/versailles/ja/map.htm